Thursday, August 30, 2007

Night Photography under the full moon!


This last Tuesday night was a full moon. The full moon is perfect for night photography. Ever since I saw lostamerica.com I have wanted to do some long exposure times by moon light. Here is a shot of an old peach packing truck that was abandon in a gully by my cousin Adam's old house. Who knows how long this truck had been there. This shot was taken in the dark. It looks like daytime because I (we) held the shutter open for about 40 seconds. I took a nikon sb 800 and blew of a few flashes inside the cab and under the chassis While my cousin carefully held his finger on the shutter button of my Nikon D-50. Ghetto photography but fun none the less! I got bitten some type of bug... about 10 times... I hate to think of what it might have been. I felt sick for a few days but now I am fine and the bites have gone away...And hey... I got this cool pic of that old truck! Photo: Kevin Decker and Adam Wolfe. Photo ©Kevin Decker 2007

3 comments:

sarahgrace said...

Yep...my hubby is a better artist than me-or at least I think he is!

einefeistyberg said...

Way cool pic of one of my favorite landmarks - Mt Garfield area. hard to believe this is moonlight.

Melanie said...

Yea, that is a good pic. I like it. :) Using the flash inside it a great idea.

As for bug bites.. yuck.