Saturday, April 25, 2009

MY skate playlist

Music is!
Music and skateboarding go hand and hand! When I think back to my high school skate years I have many fond memories of the music, my music of the time. Here is a memory playlist of of a few.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers: "Knock Me down



Public Enemy: "Fight the power" (and all the other songs on "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back"



Front 242: "Headhunter"


Nitzer ebb: "Warsaw Ghetto"



Sex Pistols: "Pretty Vacant" (This is a Letterman performance from recent years. I was actually stoked by this vid! They ROCKED this performance. John Lydon has never gotten the credit he deserves, his vocals are amazing! Here he sounds a little more Public Image Limited as opposed to Sex Pistols but I still love it. This performance also features the [only] REAL bassist of the Sex Pistols Glen Matlock. Don't forget Steve "Ya get major chords, that's all" Jones and was Paul Cook actually there? Thanks to the limited camera work we will never know! An excellent vid. Old guys still can ROCK!

No comments: